more new shows for community tv!

Posted by Slykura @ May 24th, 2011 | Filed Under: News & Announcements

Exciting news as we continue our anime on TV expansion with a brand new line up in June.

Two shows confimred include – FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST: BROTHERHOOD and BLACK BUTLER

FULLMETAL ALCHEMI...-13) (BLU-RAY) Screenshot 3

BLACK BUTLER (KUR...N 1 (EPS 1-12) Screenshot 2

Currently confirmed to play in the following cities: BRISBANE, SYDNEY, MELBOURNE and more to be confirmed

Check your local guides for Community stations (Digital Channel 44 in all capital cities) for more details.

Comments (22 Comments)

Jessica Sizer said:

6:26pm 24/05/2011

I’d say that this is an EPIC WIN!!!!!!
…but I live in Canberra. Unless we have been lumped in with Sydney, I will just have to snuggle down with my collections and be content :D

Mystic_ ninja said:

7:23pm 24/05/2011

It is great to see more anime on tv though to be practical we need 4-5 hours worth of programming a day if not more.. on fta tv…

sad to say i’ll be sticking to dvd/brd collecting a while longer I detest adverts…

Blazemanau said:

9:44pm 24/05/2011

I SO HOPE PERTH GETS THESE ASWELL

Strop said:

8:59am 25/05/2011

Please say that the “more to be confirmed” includes Adelaide!

MissMeggsie said:

10:55am 25/05/2011

These anime are awesome, but… why the dubs? ;w; There’s really nothing wrong with subtitles, y’know~

Slykura said:

11:02am 25/05/2011

Nothing wrong with dubs either. It’s a mainstream audience when shows are on TV. It helps bring in new audiences much easier this way. Think back to when you first started, it does take a while to get used to reading subtitles.

Fact of the matter is TV screenings help to bring in more fans so any opportunity is a good one.

Deoxy360 said:

4:21pm 25/05/2011

AWESOME. Even though I’ve seen nearly all of FMA: brotherhood.

stephumz said:

9:05pm 25/05/2011

*FANGIRL SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAL* two of my fave shows!! i do love subtitles, but to see these on tv would be A-MAZE-ING! can’t wait! thankyou thankyou thankyou

2greenie said:

7:22pm 26/05/2011

yay! more anime on tv!!!
y’know, cause its already pretty rare for anime to be on tv…
cant wait to watch them all! (again~~)

Jaden3 said:

12:10pm 27/05/2011

I sent off an email to C.31 Adelaide asking them to please this time do this. Emailed them on Monday. Had no reply as of today (friday).. No wonder they don’t show these shows, if they can’t answer a simple email.

Tsubasa said:

7:08pm 29/05/2011

This is horrible. Why does Adelaide always miss out? It’s like a gigantic slap in the face to people in SA. >:(

Anonymous

Anonymous said:

2:56am 30/05/2011

This is a waste of time, the anime community (in aus) has a cool underground feel, once it becomes mainstream some of the coolness will be destroyed by the dumb masses…

Dragon00 said:

8:43pm 30/05/2011

I hope my town gets this (PLEASE)

Madchild said:

11:04pm 02/06/2011

I personally won’t get much from these on TV as I have the DVDs :P

However it’ll be great to get my friends to watch a few episodes legally :3

red thunder

red thunder said:

11:51pm 03/06/2011

yay! Adelaide is getting FMA

Smegalot said:

7:13pm 05/06/2011

Cool, when are the confirmations comming out? I would like to see Black butler

Alex Roach said:

6:19pm 08/06/2011

Woohoo! It looks like we will finally get to see some real anime on TV in Adelaide! I had a feeling we would, since I got a very positive response when I emailed Channel 44 about Madman’s offer for airing anime material last month.

telstel said:

3:35pm 16/06/2011

when did it start or when will they start?
I don’t want to miss it!

Rudiger said:

2:29pm 20/06/2011

I emailed Channel 44 in Adelaide and they said it was going to start airing on Friday 1 July, with repeats every Wednesday.

Michelle George said:

10:32pm 27/06/2011

I wish Black Butler was on where I lived :(
Well at least I have Vampire Knight to watch on ABC 3. They really need to put more anime on tv these days.

Chane said:

8:39pm 07/07/2011

Does anyone know when these are actually due to begin airing. I’ve been searching the tv guide for my area (melbourne) religiously since June but I have seen no trace of either series in the guide. If it follows along the lines of code grease and vampire knight I am assuming they’ll be aired on one of abc’s channels. But ere is nothing there yet >_<

Chane said:

8:47pm 07/07/2011

Never mind… I found it. It was hidden under the title ‘anime hour’ on channel 44 -_-’

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Login  or  Sign Up  ... it's quick and easy!