Nothing stays buried forever.
Following the disappearance of a young female classmate, shy high-schooler Mark stumbles upon a fresh grave in the woods of his peaceful suburb, and spies a 4WD driving away from the scene.
With the help of two friends—James and his girlfriend Chasely—Mark decides to return to the scene to dig up what they imagine is simply someone's dead pet. Their bit of fun turns perilous, however, when they unearth the body of a Canadian backpacker. They embark upon a hunt for the identity of the killer (played with frightening realism by Joel Edgerton), and James soon realises that their grim discovery could help them exact revenge upon Gary Parker (Michael Dorman), a brutal bully who robbed them of their innocence years before and who was recently released from prison.
ACOLYTES quickly turns into a sinister tale of deception and betrayal as the three teens find themselves in over their heads, trying to outwit a serial killer as he turns the tables on them and lures them into his violent world.
- Commentary with Director Jon Hewitt and cast members
- Interview with director Jon Hewitt and cast members Joel Edgerton, Michael Dorman. Hanna Mangan Lawrence, Joshua Payne and Sebastian Gregory.
- Diary of a Serial Killer: the making of Acolytes
- Deleted Scenes
- Alternate Endings 1&2
- Soundtrack by David Franzke in 5.1 audio
- Jess Simpson's behind-the-scenes mash up video