An inspired coming of age story from Studio Ghibli
From the legendary and highly celebrated Studio Ghibli (Spirited Away, Ponyo, and Arrietty) comes From Up on Poppy Hill, the uniquely inspired and highly anticipated coming-of-age story from Goro Miyazaki and Hayao Miyazaki.
Set in Yokohama in 1963, this lovingly hand-drawn film centers on Umi (voiced by Sarah Bolger) and Shun (voiced by Anton Yelchin) and the budding romance that develops as they join forces to save their high school’s ramshackle clubhouse from demolition. The top-grossing Japanese film of 2011 and winner of the Japan Academy Prize for Animation, From Up on Poppy Hill captures the innocence of new love as well as the beauty of Yokohama’s harbor and lush surroundings.
With its rich color palette, stunning exteriors, sun-drenched gardens, bustling cityscapes and painterly detail, From Up on Poppy Hill provides a pure, sincere, and nuanced evocation of the past, and marks yet another creative triumph for Studio Ghibli.
- Making of Featurette
- Original Japanese trailers and TV spots
- Press conference - Theme song announcement
- Music Video "Summer of Farewells - From Up On Poppy Hill -" performed by Aoi Teshima
- Hayao Miyazaki's speech after the staff screening
- Interview with Goro Miyazaki
- Yokohama – Stories of Past and Present
- Booklet including letters by Goro and Hayao Miyazaki