A film by Jim Jarmusch
A comic fable about finding the American dream in the most unlikely of places.
Jim Jarmusch's highly aclaimed film is best summed up by his own words: a “neo-beat-noir-comedy”. Too laid-back to avoid a prison term for a murder he did not commit, Zack (Tom Waits), finds himself sharing a jail cell with a small-time pimp (John Lurie) and an effervescent Italian (Roberto Benigni) arrested for killing a man while playing cards. An eventual escape leads the eccentric trio into the depths of the Louisiana bayou with no salvation in sight. It isn’t until they land at the small home of an Italian immigrant (Nicoletta Braschi) that Zack, Jack, and Roberto learn to appreciate the beauty the world has to offer. The enchanting chemistry of the lead actors combine with Robby Müller’s gorgeous black-and-white photography to create one of the most charming films to come out of America in decades.
- DISC 1
- • New high-definition digital transfer
- • Isolated music track
- vOptional French dub track, featuring Roberto Benigni
- • Optional French subtitles
- • Jim Jarmusch’s comments on the French dub track.
- • English subtitles for the deaf and hearing impaired
- DISC 2
- • 2002 video interview with Director of Photography Robby Müller
- • 1986 Cannes Film Festival press conference with Jarmusch and stars John Lurie, Roberto Benigni and Nicoletta Braschi
- • 1986 John Lurie interview with commentary
- • Outtakes
- • Music video of Tom Waits singing Cole Porter’s “It’s All Right With Me”, directed by Jarmusch
- • Q&A with Jarmusch
- • Jarmusch’s phone calls with Waits, Benigni and Lurie
- • Production polaroids
- • Location stills
- • Thoughts and reflections by Jim Jarmusch
- • Original theatrical trailer