A Film by Billy Wilder
From the moment they met it was murder!
Walter Neff (Fred MacMurray), a smoothtalking but naïve insurance salesman, falls for the seductive charms of his beautiful client Phyllis Dietrichson (Barbara Stanwyck). The couple are immediately drawn to each other and an affair begins. Together they plot to get rid of her dull husband and collect on the "double indemnity" life policy.
Considered the greatest film noir ever made, and nominated for seven Academy Awards®, Double Indemnity is legendary director Billy Wilder's masterful adaptation of James M. Cain's classic thriller. With a brilliant cast - Fred MacMurray, Barbara Stanwyck, Edward G. Robinson - it is a cynical, witty thriller about adultery, corruption and murder.
- Audio commentary by Geoff Mayer, Reader & Associate Professor in Cinema Studies, LaTrobe University
- Audio commentary with film historian/screenwriter Lem Dobbs and film historian Nick Redman
- Insert essay by Dr Wendy Haslem, Lecturer in Cinema Studies, The University of Melbourne
- The Best of Film Noir A chronology of Hollywood Film Noir
- Hollywood Remembers: Barbara Stanwyck A profile
- Hollywood Remembers: Fred MacMurray A profile
- Hollywood Remembers: Edward G Robinson A profile
- Introduction by Turner Classic Movies host and film historian Robert Osborne